Thursday, June 11, 2009

There's a right way to return a purchase to Wal-Mart

As reported on walletpop.com on Jun 5th 2009 by Gary E. Sattler

There are right ways and wrong ways to do everything. On Thursday, June 4, 2009, 41-year-old Phillip R. Wright gave us a prime example of how not to act when attempting to return an item to a Wal-Mart store.According to a story released by Tampa Bay Online, Mr. Wright exercised a poor lack of emotional control when he was not allowed to return some items to his local Wal-Mart store. Apparently, the chagrined customer proceeded to set three racks of clothing ablaze and then left the store.



Editor Rozek’s Note
: I can actually see how this could happen. I mean…the people there are friendly enough but you have to be having a pretty bad day to be walking into Wal-Mart to begin with. When I was in college, I worked as a supervisor at a discount retailer. It was definitely not easy. The old saying, “the customer is always right”, seemed to work overtime there. I wonder if he told the girl at the desk that he would burn down the store if she didn’t call a manager? I’m certain that no matter how unreasonable his return request was, a manager would’ve come and overridden any decision that the girl had made. I was actually told to return $400 cash to a girl with a receipt and no merchandise because she said her Doctor told her to throw it away. My manager told her that I was wrong to not give her the money back. Um…huh? Oops…my mistake! I love it when swindlers and cheaters get the last laugh on me!... I actually set the break room on fire that day!...okay…so I just burned a pop-tart in the microwave…but I would’ve done more - if I had any guts at all! AAAHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment