Saturday, May 23, 2009

In the news...GOP congressman asks for probe of Pelosi-CIA charge

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Republican congressman Wednesday asked the head of the FBI to investigate allegations that the CIA lied to Congress about the Bush administration's use of "alternative" interrogation techniques on suspected terrorists. Rep. Darrell Issa said, the claim, leveled last week by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, left him doubting whether "I can believe in the briefings I am receiving" from intelligence agencies. "If CIA is lying to any of us it puts me in a position of not being able to do my job properly." Justice Department documents released in April, show Bush administration lawyers authorized the use of techniques such as sleep deprivation, slapping, stress positions and waterboarding, which produces the sensation of drowning. But Bush administration lawyers argued that the tactics did not violate U.S. laws against torture as long as interrogators had no intent to cause "severe pain." Nancy Pelosi told reporters last week that she was briefed by the CIA on such techniques once -- in September 2002, and that she was told at the time that techniques such as waterboarding were not being used. She said she learned that waterboarding had been used after other lawmakers were briefed in 2003.

...Editor Rozek’s Note:…Oh Nancy! Did you really think that anyone would jump to your side on this one? The document said that they could slap, stress and waterboard! You may as well have said “gee, I was in that meeting and my kid text messaged me while I was listening and I thought they said that they were taking the prisoners skateboarding!” “ oops…my bad!”… I have to say it was a bold move to take on your old buddy Leon Panetta…I mean…don’t I recall a dispute you had with him over a tiny little thing like say,…oh…I don’t know…maybe liberalizing trade with China? I’m sure there were no hard feelings! People never take that stuff home with them. Politics is one of those jobs that ends right at 5PM! Personally I would’ve thought, “hmm…I wonder if the CIA is filming me on a big screen satellite right now…and flipped my hair back and waved and said, “I’m sorry that this happened. It was a matter of national security and I deeply apologize on the behalf of congress and all involved for any uncomfortable drowning sensations we may have inflicted on the bad guys.”
… As for poor Darrell…did you really say “IF… the CIA is lying to any of us?” heh, heh, heh,…oh…you poor baby! I thought that was the CIA’s job? I think you signed some of those CIA lying clauses into action??? Don’t worry…I’m sure it was in a pile of about 900 pages under the one about allowing the elderly to adopt puppies!

No comments:

Post a Comment