Friday, May 29, 2009

Corn Festival royalty to be crowned

as Published May 27, 2009 10:12 am – in the Muskogee Phoenix Marketplace

Corn Festival royalty to be crownedTwo ladies who will reign over the Fort Gibson Corn Festival will be selected in a pageant at 7 p.m. June 6 in the Fort Gibson High School Auditorium…Miss Fort Gibson and Junior Miss Fort Gibson contestants will be judged in talent, poise and personality, evening wear and an on-stage question.
The will be officially crowned in ceremonies kicking off the town’s Corn Festival on June 26 and 27.
There will be live music and entertainment all day and carnival games, including a dunk tank…Corn cookbooks and fresh sweet corn, along with a number of prepared corn foods also will be available for sale.


Editor Rozek’s Note:… “I’d like to thank all of the people who made it possible for me to have this opportunity to represent all of the “corn-fed” girls in this beautiful town I call ‘home’. This has been a life-long dream of mine and I will forever remember the moment when they shucked the skin over my ears and threw a ball at the dunk tank allowing my freshly done hair to make a splash that shook the jiggers off the crabapples on the tree at Aunt Mildred’s’! I accept this “corn cookbook” and lifetime supply of Charmin, and bid you all a heart-felt “Thank you!” I will take my responsibilities seriously and promise to never pose naked for any road-side farmer’s stand magazine!…um…again….”

No comments:

Post a Comment