Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Is McDonald's New Angus Burger a Big Value?

As reported on July 6, 2009 by Tom Barlow on walletpop.com

McDonald's has launched a new line of Angus steak sandwiches which it hopes will strike the American public as a real value. This begs the question, what is value? And how well does McDonald's hit its mark?Luckily, I live in an area where the Angus Burger has been test marketed, so I've had a chance to try them a few times. Here's the deal: McDonald's Angus Burger: 590 calories; beef patty, bun, American cheese, tomato, mayo dressing, red onions, pickles, lettuce, mustard. $3.99 in my area. For me, it comes down to flavor. The price difference is not great. The Angus Burger, in my opinion, has a real steak flavor, a pleasant consistency that is less mealy than a burger but not full of chunks of gristle. I order mine naked, bun only, and the flavor is well worth the money.For me, value is on the tongue of the beholder. In my opinion, McDonald's new sandwich gives me a lot for my money.


Editor Rozek’s Notes: For God’s sake people! Put the burger down and step away from the beef! Do people really still eat fast food? Do you really want to be one of those people on the tv news stories that are being followed around by cameras pointed at your ketchup stained, t-shirted, rounded bellies with only your head cropped out under the caption “Are Americans Getting Fat?” Enough! I’ll actually stand in front of McDonalds and pay everyone $4 not to walk in and go pick up some lettuce at the grocery store instead!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Cool down KR! I was brought up on that stuff and it hasn't hurt me yet, nor any of my classmates from 1974. I went to my class reunion the other day and will say, I've never seen more bald heads, hairy chins or pot-bellies in one place before! And that was just the women! Hmmm, maybe they were eating too much at.......? Nah!

    ReplyDelete